STAND NUMBER: 750
Leathes Prior Solicitors
Leathes Prior's Franchising team is an Affiliate Member of the British Franchise Association (bfa) and has been over 30 years' experience in franchising. Jonathan Chadd, Mike Barlow and Marija Markovic provide specialist Franchising advice and the team are recognised as experts in Franchising by both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners . Backed up by a full service law firm with over 50 solicitors we advise on all areas of law connected with franchising.
For franchisors, we advise on the establishment of the franchise structure, the franchise agreement, re-sales and dispute resolution. We have a trademark protection service as well as unique solutions for data protection compliance, employment law advice and commercial property procedures. We advise UK clients on international expansion and international franchisors entering the UK.
For franchisees, we offer fixed fee reporting on the franchise agreement, advice on premises acquisition and company incorporation.
Key information about Leathes Prior:
- full service law firm providing franchise clients with advice on all areas of law relevant to their business
- 30 years` experience of advising franchisors and franchisees
- regional, national and international franchising clients
The franchising team comprises the following key members:
- Marija Markovic (solicitor): franchising, licensing, franchise network management, re-sales and franchisee advice
- Jonathan Chadd (consultant): franchising and international licensing
- Mike Barlow (partner): franchising and dispute resolution
- Richard Turner (Solicitor):
- Alex Saunders (Solicitor): trade mark advice, Data Protection Act compliance solutions; Internet sales T&Cs; business sales and purchases
- advice on the establishment of the franchise structure
- drafting the franchise agreement (or reviewing and updating an existing agreement)
- advising and managing re-sales
- dispute resolution
- trademark protection
- data protection compliance
- employment law advice
- commercial property procedures
- UK clients on international expansion (whether by master franchising, area development or direct franchising)
- international franchisors entering the UK or EU
- fixed fee reporting on the franchise agreement
- premises acquisition and lease negotiation
- company incorporation
For a without obligation, no-charge consultation please contact any member of the Franchising team.